Wednesday, April 13, 2011

So here's the short of it,
So one more day at the salt mines. 

And here's the long.

 Not a particularly enjoyable work day.  Doing more with less is what we are looking at. We live in a state and a community that does not want to support public education at the level that it needs to provide quality education for all it's citizens.  It reminds me of hearing Geoffrey Canada speak and hearing him say "We won't guarantee our children employment, but we are happy to guarantee them a prison cell".

The other day an e-mail blast came through regarding a superintendent search for a system in Ohio that has about the same number of students as our system here in Chattanooga, TN.  They have 3 times the budget as our system. I'm almost ready to ...  well, I guess I don't know what.

In the meantime, I've got another day at it tomorrow.  I'll be glad when this week is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment