Monday, April 11, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Here's the Spirea that grows at the back fence.

And here's the long.

One of my favorites about spring is when our Spirea that's planted along the back fence blooms.  It's a kind of old fashioned bush and I really do love seeing it as I pull into the driveway at the end of the day. It's a good start to the day too.  By the time it blooms every year, it's daylight as I'm leaving home to head to work, and it always starts my day with lifted spirits to see those blossoms just covering the bushes. That's especially helpful this year when work is so grinding. Some years, Alan doesn't get them pruned in the fall, and in those years, they have these gorgeous weeping branches just covered with the beautiful blossoms.
 












 Welcome Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment