Saturday, April 2, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
GO C-A-T-S!!!

And here's the long.

Today was the first day of the Brainerd farmer's market, and we checked it out this morning. There was a great crowd and there was lots of stuff for this early in the season.  The lettuces looked wonderful, there was a vendor there with grass fed beef, and I got some nice looking eggs.  We took Sophie with us. She still hates getting in the car and Alan has to lift her in, but she rode pretty well once we got her in. And she was great in the crowd. I think we may take her again.


This afternoon, I attended a surprise birthday party for one of my colleagues. Her daughters (all grown up now) were my students some many years ago. They're both married with children and living out of town. They managed to keep the surprise from her and it was a great afternoon.

Now, in just a few minutes Kentucky and UConn are getting ready to play basketball. I don't follow basketball, or for that matter any sport unless someone I know is playing. But tonight I'm going to watch  the game. Dad would have kept me up with Kentucky's progress throughout the tournament. Of course, now that we have Facebook, I'm well aware because so many FB friends and relatives are big CATS fans.

So.  GO CATS.
I hope I can stay awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment