Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
It's my birthday.

And here's the long.
The card is here.
What a great day for a birthday!  I've been celebrating since Saturday, but today is the real deal and it's been wonderful. 

So one of the really fun things that happened was my birthday present from Aunt Frances and Aunt Joyce.  Last night Mom brought this big bag stuffed full of gifts to dinner at Provinos. When we got back home, Frances called and said - oh no it's not time to open it yet there's more coming! 

It turns out I got 60 for 60.  60 presents from the Aunts! Actually, Frances sent more than 30 because she thought Joyce was having trouble coming up with 30, but then Joyce ended up sending more than 30 too.  So I was told that I could only have 60 (I don't really want more than I'm entitled to) Who wants to take 70 gifts on your 60th birthday!  So this evening I went to Mom's and we put it all out on her table and I found the 60 best.  She and I had lots of fun with that. I got everything from an insulated lunch box, to a staple remover (and staples), a beautiful little Hummel figurine and a music box and a toothbrush with a travel size dental floss!  60 wonderful little gifts chosen with me in mind.  
I've had so many Happy Birthday wishes through cards, on Facebook, by e-mail, and in person! It's been such a happy time. One of my favorites was a call from Shelley where Max left me a Happy Birthday message.  "I can't see you" he said.  Love that little guy so much!  (his Mommy too!).

Well, let's tackle another decade!  That should be some fun!










No comments:

Post a Comment