Sunday, October 30, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Tonight I made eggplant parmesan - well sorta.  

And here's the long.

Mom harvested her eggplant yesterday afternoon in anticipation of the predicted frost.  So we had a bunch of Japanese eggplant that needed to be used up.  I tried breading them - that didn't work so well for me.  Yes I used an egg wash (Alan's advice).  Yes, the skillet was hot enough (more of Alan's advice). No I didn't use egg, then flour, then egg, then bread crumbs (Mia's suggestion) that seems like lots of work and a big mess.  Anyway, I cooked the eggplant a bit without the breading.  Then I browned the breadcrumbs and spread them around on top of the eggplant!  It actually turned out great!
I think I'll make this dish again.

Cousin Mia and her son Clyde joined us for dinner tonight.  Neither of our kids made it tonight. Mia brought a selection of pastries from Rembrandt's for dessert in honor of my birthday.  I love having my birthday celebration continuing! And they were sure yummy. Their Russian Tea Cake is an absolute favorite!

This is a busy week, and it's almost midnight so I need to head to the bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment