Thursday, October 27, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Today I went to the doctor with Mom for an appointment. 

And here's the long.

On Saturday when everyone was there for my birthday celebration she had a "cognitive event" that has left us all perplexed.  For about 4 or 5 hours she seemed to have lost her memory - even though she remembered who we all were.  Then on Tuesday she had an extraordinarily painful day with her back/hip pain.

Dr. Cannon was great this afternoon.  She is going to have some tests run to rule out stroke if possible. and thinks that it's possible that it was caused by a Urinary Tract Infection. So we'll see how that goes.

It looks like a middle of the road approach for the back/hip problem is to try another round or two of epidural injections.  So that is also in the works.

I'm so glad that Mom is here in Chattanooga.
I'm really glad that my work is flexible enough that I could take time off to be with her at the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment