Monday, October 10, 2011

So here's the short of it,
So we are going to be cool again and warm in the winter!

And here's the long.

This afternoon we had a visit from the second company with an estimate for our heater/air conditioner.

In one way I've enjoyed not having any air conditioning.  Every morning and every evening, we have the doors open and the fans going. The fresh air circulating in the house is very invigorating for me. Wow - it's hard for me to believe that I grew up without air conditioning.

I remember that the downtown dime store had a sign something like this on the door! And it was unbelievable when you walked in the door and that cool air evaporated the sweat from your skin. At home though we slept with the fan on and the windows open. We lived far enough in the mountains that it usually cooled off it the evenings and I don't ever really remember summers being as hot as it's been here in Chattanooga these last few summers. As a matter of fact when I was a teen, I would sleep on a bed up in the attic in the summer, and the mountain air made a nice cover feel just wonderful. 

I'm glad we'll be getting the air conditioning up and going in the next few days -- and be back to the refrigerated air!  And I'll have to say I'm pretty thankful it didn't happen while the summer heat was at it's worst. 

By the way both of the sales people passed the Sophie test.  After she barked enough to scare anyone, she made friends with both of them and they were not a bit afraid of her.  She even let one guy pet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment