Saturday, November 19, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Bishop Spong was great.

And here's the long.

Alan and I spent the day at Grace Episcopal Church at one of their Grace Speaks event.  I love the work the church does and they are such a benefit to our neighborhood.  They have such good things going on all the time!  They host a local farmer's market every Saturday as well as a local community garden. The Grace Speaks event brings contemporary scholars and theologians to the community.

This is the second time I've heard Bishop Spong speak - and I've read several of his books. His work really speaks to me. His topic today was "A New Christianity for a New World." He is a champion of inclusive faith - something I can really buy into.

The day was an all day event including lunch.  We had a chance to visit with lots of folks and then went out to dinner with two couples where we continued the conversation.

It was a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment