Thursday, November 10, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Today was a great day!

And here's the long.

I spent the day at a school that's only about 5 minutes from the house. The principal is a colleague from my very first years of teaching in the Chattanooga City Schools system. And we had a very nice reception in all the grade level meetings.  At the end of the day the principal and I spent a good hour just being chatty and catching up  We are both growing closer to retirement and had such a good time revisiting some of the "old" days and catching up on family and friend news.

It's pretty rare that I have the luxury of being so close to home (tomorrow I'm going to be way out on the other side of the county and have to be there way early! And it's even more rare to end the day in such a jovial way with such good company.

I'm so thankful for work that's engaging and meaningful that allows me to work with people like Carol.

No comments:

Post a Comment