Friday, November 25, 2011

So here's the short of it,
I've never heard of the piriformis before...

And here's the long.

Today I did not participate in Black Friday. I did not go out to stores. I did not shop online.

I did go see Kelly this morning for a massage.  She really worked on my right side - my shoulder and lots of attention to the region of my piriformis muscle. I've been reading up on Piriformis syndrome and it seems that it is fairly rare.  But it sure does seem descriptive of what's going on with me - especially the reference to the deep buttocks pain. AND Kelly says that is the muscle that is so knotted up.  When I look at this illustration it so accurately locates my pain! She does really deep tissue massage - I've finally convinced her that she's really not going to hurt me so she really works my muscles over.   It always seems to help. My next doctor visit, we'll have a discussion about the piriformis!  In the meantime, I've got another appointment scheduled for next week.

This afternoon I took a nap! Sophie and Lola joined me.  I hardly ever can do that, but today after a great massage, and some time with Alan at lunch my bed just seemed to be calling.  And even with my nap, I'm feeling pretty ready for bed tonight.

I'm loving this long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment