Monday, November 14, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
I was a cranky worker today.

And here's the long.

I was cranky because I didn't get enough sleep, and my back hurt all day!

My back bothered me more than usual this past weekend and cut into my sleep time.
I'm using a Lidocaine patch and up to the max on Advil, but I'm still not quite comfortable. So I think that played into my work day.  I also was not near the office until late this afternoon. That means that I didn't have access to my office chair.  It was  such an amazing gift those years ago when Donna Palmer bought that chair for me because of my back issues.  I've taken it with me to every office I've been in since that day!  Anyway, today I had lots of regular chairs that did not do much for my back which wasn't in good shape anyway!

I've scheduled up a massage Thursday morning. I'm taking that day off to take Mom to some tests and there's enough time for me to work in an appointment.  Usually that helps more than most anything! Wish I could figure out what it is that makes it go on a bad spell like this!

So here in a bit, I'll head off to bed.  I can only use the lidocaine for 12 hours then I have to take a 12 hour break. I decided that using it at night to help me sleep was more important than using it during the day - it's already on and boy can I tell!  I'll put one of those microwave heating pads on as I drift off to sleep and I'll be able to sleep for 2 or 3 hours anyway!

Thank goodness for the people who thought up the microwavable heating pads and the pain relieving patches!


No comments:

Post a Comment