Tuesday, November 1, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
The Finder is working!

And here's the long.

I thought I had lost my work laptop today.
It was missing from my office yesterday. And I realized that I hadn't seen it in several days.  (I've been doing a presentation and like my Mac much better for that purpose). I thought to myself - you must have taken it home and forgot to bring it back. Well - I got home and it wasn't there!  I spent the day going over and over and over all the places I've been, where it could be and on and on.  I got several of my colleagues all paranoid about people coming into our office space and taking things. I guess I got myself paranoid as well.

Late this afternoon I was writing an e-mail to my supervisor to let her know I'd lost it and to see the proper way to report it when I had a thought.  I went over to my colleagues office and stood in the door to an outer office.  There's a book shelf with about 4 or 5 black test kit cases stacked on it. There on the floor kind of over to the side behind a step stool and turned upside down was a case.  When I picked it up, it was my laptop!

I think it must have fallen off a cart I was using to take things to my colleague's office.  I can't believe it was there the whole time and I haven't missed it and no one else had noticed it.  I suppose my finder must have just kicked into high gear and there it was!

I'm sure glad I didn't have to send that e-mail!  And by the way. It is locked up tight now and I know where it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment