Wednesday, November 23, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
We had a really nice visit with Mommy Anne today.

And here's the long.

I had my Mammogram this morning.  This is a reminder that if you haven't had yours yet (or if you know a woman who hasn't) it's time to get that done! I had a great technician - or a new kind of machine. It was one of the easiest ones I've ever had!

Mommy Anne and Alan
This afternoon Alan and I went over to Elmcroft for a visit with Mommy Anne. We went out to the front parlor and sat near the fireplace and chatted. Today she was talking about how much she likes living at Elmcroft. She says the food is good, the people are nice, and they keep the bed made and the carpet vacuumed!  It was nice that she was in such good spirits.

They've already got the Christmas decorations up (I wish they would have waited until Friday). I like the sentiment I saw on Facebook, "One must end a holiday to fully appreciate the next, Grasshopper." That was from cousin-in-law Mathieu Poag.  I echo those sentiments!  I was at the good old Wal-Mart this afternoon and Christmas is all over the store. They have a very large selection of Christmas trees real and fake and everything from Grinch bathrobes, to paper plates, and bathroom towels!  It started before Halloween and has just gotten more and more - earlier and earlier.

We'll get on the road with Liga and Valdis tomorrow morning. Object - get to Atlanta in time for the early afternoon Thanksgiving Feast with Steve, Pat, and all their children, grandchildren, and granddogs.  We're looking forward to seeing everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment