Monday, November 21, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Lucile is retiring!

And here's the long.

Lucile Phillips
Today I had an afternoon meeting at our Central Office. When we were done, I had a nice visit with one of my friends who is retiring at the end of December.  In the last couple of years our work hasn't really put us in much contact, but we've managed to stay in touch anyway.

She said that for a long time she just couldn't imagine not working, but that in the last few months she has come to the realization that she's just ready to go home.  Of course she has a grandbaby who may have helped convince her of that!  It was nice to chat with her and I know that she's going to have a great retirement!  She's really been one of the best colleagues I've had over the years. I'll miss her, but once I've retired, we'll do lunch and compare grandmother stories!



No comments:

Post a Comment