Friday, November 4, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Today was meetings and sessions - food not so much.

And here's the long.

I stayed in at dinner instead of accompanying the group out to another New Orleans place.  Fruit, a croissant, and milk suited me just fine.

I seem to always land on at least one session that really makes me stop and think and, I hope, professionally grow.  Today it was a session (actually two) by Joshua Aronson, a social psychologist who has studied at length how stereotypes impact test scores and the ability of students to do well in testing situations.  He refers to this phenomenon as Stereotype threat.  He also has some great ideas about how to battle some of this!

I have lots to think about and then perhaps there will be an opportunity to turn some of that thinking about into doing.   I could use your good thoughts and prayers that I move in the right direction with this!

Tomorrow morning we have a presentation at 7:30 AM - you just know I'm glad this is Central Time and I've not quite habituated to it!  Then just a bit of time to finish packing and head out for my flight.

It will be good to be back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment