Friday, September 25, 2009

Bed, Sofa, Sleep

So here's the short of it,
The Abraxane has given me much the same symptoms as the Taxotere so far.

And here's the long

Yesterday I had flu like symptoms and slept for most of the day. Today I slept all morning. This afternoon I  just kept the sofa company with the TV on the food channel - mostly I just napped.  I am so weary and full of fatigue.

One day when Dad was still at Erlanger, he told Joyce that the next book he wrote would be about his hospital experience and it would be titled something like In a Hospital, There's No Such Thing as Time.  I feel a little like that in these days after a treatment.  Instead of minutes and hours, it's a dim waking between trips to the bathroom, or trips to the kitchen to try one more time to get a drink of something down. Then it's a few hours of being awake and too weak to do anything except lie on the sofa and make trips to the bathroom or the kitchen. 

My dire symptom of diarrhea is back, beginning last night.  I know it's even more reason to drink, drink, drink.  And I'm trying. Ginger Ale and unsweetened tea are both fairly palatable right now.  That's really different from the treatment cycles before.  So I think I'm doing better. 

I started to really wake a little about 5 or 6 o'clock tonight, and am fairly awake now.  This is part of that craziness of having my days and nights mixed up. 

Russ, Steve and Pat, Alan, and Mom are having a meeting with Dr. Deversa tonight. I'll make a full report on Emily and Gene's blog later tonight. I hate not being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment