Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rambling on

So here's the short of it,
There's really no short of it, just lots of short ramblings.

And here's the long

So some days when I log in to update the blog, I immediately know what the short of it is.  On other days I really don't know the short of it until I've slogged through the long.  This is one of those days! My thoughts are even pretty random tonight.

My days and nights are so confused.  It's so hard to go to sleep at night, and so hard to wake up in the morning! I've told myself that there is absolutely no point in trying to fix that until all my treatments are over, because I just sleep for 18 or 20 hours a day beginning a couple of days after my treatment. The nausea medicine I take on some days makes me sleep or at least sleepy, so I know that's a part of it.  But it's not really fun being all out of whack like this.  I remember loving to stay up til all hours when I was a very young adult, but that's been a long time ago.  My Mom said that I always loved my bed when I was little (as long as I had a pile of books in it.)  I do think I'd have made a lousy 2nd or 3rd shift employee. 

This morning I had nausea again.  I did NOT drink coffee which I had begun to think was the culprit. Well, it's not - at least not this morning.  I took compazine, the nausea medicine which makes me least sleepy.  It didn't help a whole lot.  But I sure don't like to take it if I can help it, so I supplemented it with ginger.  I should make some fresh ginger tea next week - I think I will.

We had a family meeting at Kindred this afternoon about Dad's care. I'm a bit down in the dumps about it all and will try to write more about it when I can process it a bit.

Finally, Sophie got locked out of the house about 3:30 today and was by herself in the back yard until about 8:30.  Alan and I both totally forgot that she was locked out!  She was beside herself with anxiety when we got home.  She currently is sound asleep, but if dogs dream, she is having one, she is twitching, and sighing, and whimpering in her sleep! I feel like a rotten dog parent this evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment