Saturday, September 5, 2009

Stronger Today

So here's the short of it,
Some of my strength is returning.

And here's the long

I did not get to sleep early last night, and I slept in this morning. I'm going to take some melatonin tonight to see if I can get to sleep earlier than 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning. Of course, the long, deep-sleep nap I took this afternoon probably won't help with that agenda.

I do feel stronger. I'm eating a bit better, and I'm more alert. This evening I walked around the circle one time. I'll admit it was a really slow walk; I might have even looked like I wasn't really going to make it. I had let Alan know I was going and he must have been watching me from a window, because when I got about three quarters of the way around, he came to the door and yelled out to ask if I was OK. I was, and I made it all the way around and back in the house. That's a huge leap from last Sunday when I could hardly walk from the back of the house to the front without feeling like I'd run a marathon. I am, however, still very weak and have very little stamina. It really doesn't take much at all to completely exhaust me.

It seems as though I may be developing another urinary tract infection. I know I'm not drinking enough. I've discovered that I can drink unsweetened tea. I've been drinking diluted juices ever since Daniel's last visit when he made that great suggestion, but it's just hard to get as much liquid as I need to. I'm making a concerted effort to work on that especially in light of this possible new development. Mom brought me some cranberry juice tonight; I haven't tried it yet - hope I'll be able to drink it.

This increase in strength makes me think I'm on the upturn for this cycle. Maybe tomorrow I'll be even stronger. And by Wednesday, perhaps I'll be in good enough shape to go see Dad.

Sophie update -
Today is Sophie's 4 month birthday. She is such a good pup. When Mom stops by to see me, she declares that Sophie has grown from the last visit. It's really funny to see such a puppy inside that big body. She probably weighs 35 pounds by now, and most of the time is just as sweet as can be. She knows sit. She will "get it" if one of us throws a ball or toy. She will "bring it" after she's "gets it". She responds almost always to "Sophie, come". And she is doing a good job of making friends with Lola. She is potty trained! She hasn't had any accidents in over a week, and goes out without having to be prompted to do her "potty business". She's also socializing very well with the neighbor dogs large and small, as well as people. She still comes to guard me and bark when someone comes into the house until she figures out who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment