Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Growing a Bit Stronger

So here's the short of it,
My Herceptin Treatment went well today. I'm still pretty weak.



And here's the long

I feel like I'm getting a little stronger, but I'm still weak - it's pretty frustrating. I'm used to being pretty strong and having lots of stamina. I guess there's some lesson I'm supposed to learn from this. If it's empathy - I think I got that and we can go on to another lesson. I'm imagining there's another kind of lesson that I need to learn or it wouldn't be hitting me over the head so hard!

Today my Herceptin Treatment went just fine. I did without the Benadryl and Tylenol for the first time. I think over the long run I'll be much better off if I don't have to take the Benadryl every week. My port still didn't aspirate, so next week I have to go in early for a floroscopic X-ray. It's not necessary for it to aspirate in order to use it for anything except the Taxotere, so we've got a little time to figure out what's wrong and "fix" it.

My blood counts are way down, but just barely above Monday's count. So I'm on the upward swing it appears. I've been counseled by my doctor that I should not be doing anything to expose myself to bad bugs. And with the flu making the rounds in the schools, it's pretty apparent that I need to be very careful about exposing myself to any of that. My sister-in-law just discovered that teachers are not considered a high risk group! That's so hard to believe. I do fall into the high risk group because of my suppressed immunity.

I may try to "go to work" from my computer for a bit tomorrow if I feel a little stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment