Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Bit Stronger

So here's the short of it,
My leg muscles are a bit stronger, but I've spent most of the day on the sofa.

And here's the long

I am still pretty weak. I guess it's my quadriceps that are so weak, along with my glute muscles. So walking very far is pretty tiring. I get short of breath and still feel like I've run a long way after just a short walk. I'll have to say though, that I'm stronger than I was yesterday and I'm expecting that tomorrow I'll be even stronger. I hope that when I go back for my Herceptin treatment tomorrow afternoon Alan won't have to roll me along in the wheelchair again!

I've spent most of the day relaxing on the sofa. Dr. Schlabach told me to start to move about as I got stronger, so I've done that by walking around the house - back and forth from the bathroom several times - out to the yard to try to get Sophie to run around. But I'm not pushing myself too much.

I'll get blood counts again tomorrow. I was surprised at how low my white counts were yesterday! I'm really concerned about the flu virus and other yucky bugs that are around in the schools, but I also don't like just lying around all day! I think this being sick stuff is for some other person. If I'm going to be home all day, I'd at least like to have the energy to do something! (if I wanted to)

Alan took Sophie to the vet yesterday morning for a check up - she now weighs 35 pounds and will be 4 months old on Saturday. According to a formula I found online, that means that we should double her weight and add up to 10 pounds. Looks like she's going to be a pretty big girl! She is amazingly sweet and still pretty timid. But she is socializing nicely with the people and animals in the neighborhood. She and Lola are coming to terms with co-habitation. It's very clear that Lola is the one in charge, and that's quite funny. Lola is quite a small girl so it's pretty funny to see Lola put her running when she gets tired of the "herding" attempts.

I'm surprised at how tired I am for having done so little today. I think I'll sleep very nicely tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment