Saturday, September 19, 2009

The good and the bad

So here's the short of it,
I had a good morning, but a pretty yucky afternoon and evening.

And here's the long

This morning we went to Temple for Rosh Hashanah services.  It was long, and I was tired by the end!  Actually for those who go to conservative or orthodox services, it was not long, just long to me.  We missed Mommy Anne.  When I spoke with her this morning she said she was getting ready, but when Alan got there to pick her up, she had decided that she didn't feel well enough to go.  The service was lovely, and the sermon was something for me to think about.  Rabbi Tepper's theme was the choice we have to kvetch or to kvell.  He suggested we forgo the temptation to kvetch.

After services we went to lunch and took my Mom and the kids.  We went to Longhorn and I ordered a steak! I thought some red meat might be a good thing for my red blood counts, even though Dr. Schlabach has said that I can't eat enough of what I need to help much.  Lunch was so pleasant.  I can hardly believe that Liga and Valdis are such grown up young adults.  They are so interesting, and have such interesting contributions to our conversations, and they are both very good with their grandparents.  It was very nice.

By the time I got home, I was absolutely exhausted and slept until very late this afternoon - and then by the time I woke up I had a temperature, a sore throat, an ear ache, and horrible gas.  The gas is not to be trusted though.  It might not really be gas; it could be diarrhea!  This is the first time I've had this symptom visit. 

This evening, my brother Steve and his wife Pat stopped by for a visit.  They are on their way home from babysitting for Madison, their granddaughter.  They had a wonderful time and are so excited about her.  We swapped grandparent stories, and of course parent stories.  They will spend the night with Mom and go spend some time with Dad in the morning. 

Tonight, in spite of not feeling well, I took Sophie out to get some of that puppy wild out of her system. I knew if I wanted to have any peace tonight, she had to go out and have a bit of running around.  Our neighbor had on a baseball cap, and it was funny to see her reaction to it.  She is afraid of anything new.  She seemed to know it was Gina and wanted to go and get a pet, but she also maybe thought it wasn't really her because that hat made her look different.  In a couple of minutes, she got it figured out and enjoyed a tummy pet.  I had to break off her walk, because I started feeling nauseated.  I came in and took some ginger and drank a glass of ginger ale.  I haven't had any dinner; I think I'll just pass on that. 

I had big plans for tomorrow.  Now it's seeming like maybe my plans should be about staying in bed really late, getting up for a while, and then getting back into bed for a good long nap, a couple of times throughout the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment