Friday, September 11, 2009

Human Again

So here's the short of it,
Today is one of those, "I feel like a human being" days.

And here's the long

Yes, I really do feel like a human being.  I did have a sudden, unexpected episode of nausea/vomiting that just hit me out of the blue as I was getting ready to go to work this morning. But it subsided and the rest of my day has been fine.  I'm not having diarrhea, I can walk a good distance without wearing myself out, and my energy and stamina are pretty good. I have done enough today to be physically tired tonight.  That's an unusual feeling these days.  Mostly I'm just tired, exhausted, and sleepy, without that physical tiredness that comes from being busy and productive.

This evening on my way home I stopped to visit with Dad.  His vitals are good except that he was running a temperature.  He was alert and we visited a bit, but he's really tired. His pressure tonight is set at 18 and his supplemental oxygen at 40.  I think when he has an infection or other health issues the attempt to breath on his own is so much more difficult. 

Mom and Aunt Joyce came up for supper tonight.  Mom brought a salad and we had really good lasagna that a friend brought in.  It was nice to be able to get a dinner together without lots of work.  So I got the enjoyment part without the hard work part.

I have a weekend coming when I should be feeling good and can be out and about if I'm careful. I can eat raw food - that means a salad!  And lots of food is tasting more like I remember it pre-chemo. Tomatoes are still not good to me, darn it, but I can find some things to eat that will be good. So I have several days of feeling good before my next big treatment on Wednesday.  I'm going to try really hard to stay right in the moment and not do something a friend calls "future tripping".  I'm just not going to live in the post treatment days that haven't even arrived yet.  They won't be what I imagine anyway, they will have their own set of unique challenges for me and I can wait to tackle them when they arrive. 

 Tonight I'm so thankful to those of you who hold me in your thoughts and prayers.  When I am at my lowest ebb, it brings me strength to know that there is an incredible army of people providing positive energy and prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment