Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fever Today

So here's the short of it,
For the first time I have fever.

And here's the long

I've continued not to feel well today. Since I woke, I've felt like I have a temperature, but nothing registered until about 5:30 this afternoon when it registered at 100. I'm not really sure what that means since all through my treatments, my temperature has registered anywhere from a degree to a half degree below. When I reported that to my nurse, she said they don't really worry about low temperatures. So I don't know if my temperature is 100 or closer to 101. And I'm supposed to call my doctor if my temperature reaches 101. We'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm taking advil to keep it down.

I still think I may have a urinary tract infection and that may be what's causing the fever. I have been working on drinking today - Mom brought me some cranberry juice today and I've been mixing it in orange juice. That's helped some. I know I need to concentrate more on getting more liquids in - I'm working on that as well.

Even though I've spent most of the day napping off and on, I'm still pretty tired. I imagine that whatever is going on is getting most of my energy.

Mom called earlier and told me that that when she visited Dad this morning, he was much more alert. Perhaps by the time I see him on Wednesday we can have a good visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment