Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Good Day

So here's the short of it,
This has been a good day for me - comparatively for sure!

And here's the long

Today I went to work.  I was very careful!  I wiped down the table with disinfectant and tried very hard to make sure I didn't touch people and surfaces.  I got a big project aabout half way done, and am so relieved.  It's something that has needed to be done since the second week of school and just had to go on the back burner because I couldn't pull all the pieces I needed.  I'll be able to finish it tomorrow I think.

Then after working all day long, I stopped by Kindred and had a great visit with Dad.  He was more alert than he's been in a long time and I could really tell that he knew I was there.  He knew it was me and responded to me - not just a general response.  I'm really uplifted by tonight's visit.

Then later this evening I went to a Thursday night group that I've been attending for a few years.  I've not been able to go much at all since surgery.  It was great to see so many friends.

So all in all this has been a really good day.  I'm planning another full work day tomorrow and will have a couple of weekend days to catch my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment