Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bed time can be all day

So here's the short of it,
I've been in my pajamas all day; I've slept lots - in my bed or on the sofa.   

And here's the long

I slept fitfully last night.  When I went to bed my temperature was near 100 - a definite call for taking some Tylenol.

Today my body was acting as though it was on the chemo schedule.  It was almost as if the old body said, "I'm supposed to be sick this week!"  I have the diarrhea coming back, fever and chills, and just fatigue.  Of course, one of the side effects of Procrit can be either constipation or diarrhea as well as fatigue.  And Herceptin can cause fever and chills.  So none of what I'm experiencing should be unexpected; it's just that I had my heart set on a few more good days since my Taxotere and Carboplatin were postponed until this coming week. I just read a wonderful biopic of a woman who runs a bait boat off the coast of Florida - she has the lesson I'm probably supposed to take from this - "If you want to see God laugh, make a plan."

I'm not planning on going in to work tomorrow, since I've had fever today.  I'll certainly check my e-mail from home and see if there's stuff I can do from home, but mostly I'm planning to just keep low and slow and try to get better. I may even stay in my pajamas again tomorrow.

I didn't even have enough energy to take Sophie out for an evening romp.  Thankfully, Valdis is here and did that!  Otherwise, I'm afraid we'd have had a puppy wild incident right in the middle of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment