Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Good Day

So here's the short of it,
Today was another pretty good day. 

And here's the long

I slept in a bit this morning.  The nausea is just really aiming at me this time around, so I got the day started with anti-nausea medicine.  After my stomach settled down, I just puttered around a little in the kitchen - I liked putting some things away and clearing off some space.

Late this afternoon, Mom and I spent some time visiting Dad. He's got an infection and fever and was sleeping most of the time we were there.  Mom was awfully tired as well and spent some time napping while we were there.  This evening when she went back to check on him, his temperature was down and he was much more comfortable.

I'm planning to work a full day tomorrow and Tuesday.  I've got a couple of projects that I can do from my office and as far as I know only one meeting that will necessitate me being in a school building.  That is tomorrow morning, and I'll be really careful.  I've learned that if I hold my own hands it keeps me from touching things - it's become my protocol when I'm somewhere I worry about germs.  It's been amazing to me just to notice how many things I touch without even thinking that could harbor germs - an elevator button, a conference table top, the door handle going into a school, the turn handle on the paper towel dispenser in bathrooms and on and on and on!

I'm starting to think a bit about my treatment on Wednesday.  It will be my next to last treatment with Taxotere and Carboplatin!  I feel like I will have really passed a milestone when I have that one under my belt.  So in some strange way I'm starting to look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment