Thursday, September 17, 2009

Flooding, Diarrhea, and Coffee

So here's the short of it,
I was so tired this morning, partly because the rain kept me up, and I'm having diarrhea difficulties again.

And here's the long

Maybe knowing my red counts are so low played into my feeling so tired this morning. Or maybe part of it was that the storm was so hard that it woke me and kept me up some of the night.  It was very hard for me to get up and get started this morning.  But I finally did.  Then Mom called and the creek - it's actually a concrete lined storm ditch had flooded way up into her yard.  She said there was something metal blocking at the bridge. So I went by there to see what was going on and there was an industrial dumpster in that ditch up against the bridge!  I called 311 to report it to the city and she said "Honey, do you mean a trash can?"  I replied, "No, a blue industrial size dumpster."  I'm not sure she believed me.  I told her that with rain predicted it would flood again if it wasn't removed. At any rate later in the morning, Alan went down and got the name of the company the dumpster belonged to, gave them a call and in very little time, they were there, assessed the situation, and got the right equipment in and got it removed! I think they had lost several dumpsters in the deluge. But  I'll bet the city still hasn't been by to check on it!

Anyway, I was long gone by the time that happened, but on my way to work, my diarrhea hit and I had to turn around and go home, clean up, and change my clothes.  I thought long and hard about not going in to work, but decided to go anyway.  And I did fine the rest of the day and finished a project that's been hanging over my head!

This evening after work I went by to see Dad.  He seems not to be feeling well.  Mom is pretty conflicted about staying with him.  Her back is really bothering her, and she really wants to stay.  She decided finally to go spend some time with him this evening and then come home for the evening.

I made an accidental discovery tonight.  I've not been able to drink coffee much at all since starting chemotherapy.  Tonight Alan was having some decaf with cream and splenda, of course, I love my coffee as is - black, pretty strong, and hot. But tonight,  I took a sip and it tasted good!  So I drank some of it and I think it might be a way to get some coffee til this is all done!  We'll see.  One thing I've noticed is that something that I can eat or drink in one chemotherapy cycle doesn't necessarily taste good in the next cycle.

I'm going to try to work tomorrow for at least a half day.  We'll see how it goes. I'm spending a bit of time visualizing red blood cells being manufactured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment