Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Feeling Better

So here's the short of it,
I'm feeling better this evening.

And here's the long

I called my symptoms (fever and UTI type stuff) in to my oncology doctor's office, and they've sent out a prescription for Septra. I think I've taken it before for urinary tract infections. Anyway I got it just a little bit ago and will start it tonight. I hope it takes care of that symptom!

I'm feeling much stronger today, and am thinking that my blood counts will look good tomorrow and I'll be able to go back to work on Thursday. I'm looking forward to that; I've got lots of stuff waiting on me. And working is really good for me; it keeps me from being so preoccupied with all the details of what Mom recently called "this bad dream".

Today Mom sent the woman who cleans for her up to our house to do a few things (she split the time between me and Mom). This is about the 3rd time she's come, and it is such a relief to have her come. First of all, she is just a really nice person - she's honest, humble, and in interacting with her, I see that she has many life lessons I can learn. And second of all, she does some things that I don't have the strength or energy to do and does a wonderful job at them! It's been a treat for Mom to share her with me.

I've got a floroscopic x-ray scheduled for tomorrow. That should get us to the bottom of the troubles with the port. Then from there we'll get to know what procedure will be done to fix the problem - and I'll need to have that done before the next Wednesday I assume. I'm eager to discover what's going on and get it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment