Sunday, August 1, 2010

So here's the short of it,
Reflections on heading back to work.

And here's the long

Well, tomorrow it's back to school for all the teachers.  There are posts all over facebook reflecting the pre-school feelings that teachers and students have about going back to school.  Some are nervous, they know there will be changes and aren't sure how they will fare.  Others are excited, they have plans for something new, or different, or just love the idea of being back at the work they love.  And yet others don't really want to go back -  they are teaching because it's what happened to them somehow and it's not for the love of the students or the profession.  Everyone is somewhat nostalgic about the end of the summertime.  Pennie, my sister-in-law, retired at the end of the school year this year - so when it comes time for Florida teachers to head back to work, she'll just do what she wants or what comes.  I'm beginning to see that time approaching for me as well, but I still have a couple of things to do!

I'm happy with the little bit of gardening this summer.  This evening for dinner we had a tomato salad with three kinds of tomatoes!  So delicious.  But I didn't get my big long list done this summer -  I guess I need to learn to make manageable lists!

So it's to bed a bit earlier tonight and up and at 'em in the morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment