Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So here's the short of it,
Great evening after a good day.

And here's the long.

Well, some good happened today at work. Enough good to make me much less cynical than I was at the end of the day yesterday. When good things are happening for kids, I start to feel less angry about the freaking bureaucracy and how short sighted people are when they make the "rules". Not that there aren't some really stupid rules in place, but at least there's lots of good stuff going on to kind of balance the stupidity.

But this evening - oh this evening.
We had dinner with Shelley and Max. Mom joined us as well as Valdis.  And we went to Provino's!  I had delicious Eggplant Parmesian (have a great leftovers lunch planned for tomorrow!) And lots of fun with them.  Uncle Valdis (which sounds a bit like Uncle Walrus) and Max had some good times. Liga got to spend some time with them earlier today as did Liga. Unfortunately Liga had to work and didn't get to join us.

MaMa gave Max some trucks, and he entertained himself and us by lining up his trucks and by showing us the firetrucks, the blue truck, the tanker truck, and lots of other truck and not truck conversation.

Here's the only picture I got home with.  But I sure did get home with lots of good memories.

What a great evening.

Tomorrow - I'm ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment