Monday, August 15, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
The parameters of work are quite difficult sometimes.

And here's the long.

Oh my! This is one of those days that I'd really like to do a nice long rant about some of the things I think about my work.  Well, not my work exactly, but what I consider some problems in our work system.  Now I'm not even talking about my department. I'm talking about the whole system, from the people in the state department who make rules without any regard to the numbers of kids who might be impacted negatively by those rules (and no way to make exceptions) - to the people on the local level (politicians) who make financial decisions that have very little to do with what is good for children and a whole lot to do with pay backs and back room deals to a system that is absolutely dependent on keeping the system going not necessarily doing right, good, or equitable things.

So with that being said. Let me say that I feel enormously lucky to live in a country where I am free to express just such an opinion.  Don't I know that in some places something as vague as I've just written would assure me of being arrested, interrogated, perhaps tortured, and maybe even assigned to a prison. So I greatly appreciate the freedoms that I have to express my dissatisfaction with the way I find things today!

It's been a really long day - beginning work at an early school (7:15) and not getting home til late (after 9:00)!  I'm heading to the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment