Thursday, August 18, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
It's taken me a couple of hours to get out of the funk from work.

And here's the long.

But I can remember Dad telling me that we can always choose how we will respond when confronted with unpleasant situations.

I am going to choose to see things in the best light possible. I'm going to focus on the things in my life that bring me joy.

So here are a few from this evening. After work I went by and helped my Mom book her trip to San Jose to spend time with her brand newest great grand-daughter - who by the way is every bit as amazing as the other great grands!

I came home and took my great dog for a walk. I watched her do this amazing dog thing.  My neighbors are moving and their last hurrah was to get the cat and put her into a crate to move her as well.  She was unhappy!  She resisted and screamed (with screaming meows) all the way to the car.  When we got around the circle she ran over to the scene of the cat removal and started sniffing around as though the smells were creating a picture of the event for her!! I was amazed as I watched this happen.

Then just a little while ago, my beautiful daughter came by after work and visited with me and had dinner.

Now I'm working on stretching out this back and thinking about trying to have an early bedtime...
  ...but Sophie just brought me her toy! Alan made her a toy that is her favorite! It's a tennis ball tied up in one of his old socks. She loves it.  So I'll have to play with her for a bit.

And of course there's the beautiful Lola... she'll be a great end to the evening with a sweet session of petting and purring.

All good choices to keep my head in a space of goodness.  Thanks Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment