Friday, August 26, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
It's nice to close out the week and start thinking of a morning with no alarm!

And here's the long.


Such an exhausting week -- I'm glad to see Friday night. I'm going to make sure there are no alarms for tomorrow morning! And I'm going to hope to do some serious sleeping tomorrow morning!!!

I had a great visit with my oncologist today. Dr. Schlabach is the best!  When he came into the room this morning almost the first thing he did was give me a hug!  Maybe that's not everyone's picture of a great doctor - but it sure is mine! He also remembers particulars about me and my case.

So the outcome was a prescription for physical therapy.  I still have lots of trouble with steps!  I can walk just fine on flat areas or smooth surfaces. But no stairs and bumpy terrain is still difficult for me. He seems to think that it's neuropathy caused by the Taxotere and that some physical therapy and then my continued work on the exercises may help.  I'm sure willing to give that a go!

The other thing he's requesting is a colonoscopy.  Diarrhea was my constant companion while I was on chemotherapy - I've never quite recovered exactly.  I still have issues with urgency and while I don't have diarrhea all the time, I do have it quite frequently, and I'm not ever really normal!  So he wants to  have it checked out.

I asked him about the episode with my port hurting during the Colorado trip. He expected that it was the heights and was just really pretty intrigued that it would hurt at the site of the port. He thought that was probably pretty unusual.

I'm about to fall asleep at the computer keyboard and it's not nearly as late as I usually stay up.  Alan and the cat and dog are all sound asleep.  I should go to bed.

Night, night!




No comments:

Post a Comment