Monday, August 22, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
The world lost an amazing young woman today. 

And here's the long.

This was a sad day for the students at the Center for Creative Arts.

Kelly Butler, the president of the senior class and expected to graduate as the Valedictorian of her class was killed in a motorcycle accident this morning.

She was on her way to school when she veered off the road and crashed into a road marker. She was pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.

I was at the school this afternoon before I had heard the news. When I walked in the door there were two counselors from other schools. I should have known something was going on to have a crisis response team in the building, but I just didn't make an immediate connection.

I didn't know Kelly. I know from what I heard from the students and teachers talking that she was an amazing young woman. I know that she's left an indelible mark on those who knew her. Her family and friends are in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment