Thursday, August 4, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
In-Service today. 

And here's the long.

I think we had a pretty successful in-service day today.  For the first time since I've been working in this field we were allowed to pull the teachers who serve gifted students together for a full day of in-service. We've always before tried to squeeze everything into an hour at opening or a couple of hours after school when a few could get together.  I appreciated the day today and I think the teachers did as well. I will have to say that this is a great group (small as we are) of educators. The whole feeling of the day was high positive and very uplifting for me.

We unveiled the website that we've been working on all summer and all the materials and technology we've purchased, and it was very well received.  I think that it will be a real benefit and help teachers and kids!

All in all it was a good day.  We ended up in a room with an air conditioner that couldn't manage to keep the room cool! Thankfully we were able to move after lunch to a room that had two air conditioners!  In spite of all that there were really no complaints from our teachers except of course comments about how hot it was or remarks about the Devil wanting his weather back.

I didn't sleep much last night and I got up really early this morning - and I'm pretty tired tonight. So I'll head off to bed here in a bit and try to get an additional hour or two of snoozing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment