Thursday, August 11, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Music has a way of taking you back...

And here's the long.

I have the TV on kind of in the background as I get myself finished up for the evening and get ready for bed.  Legends of Folk: Village Scene is on PBS. I'm listening to Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Simon and Garfunkel, and Peter, Paul, and Mary.

Now, I'm not a musician, and for sure not a musicologist, but even a gal like me can tell that this was a time when something amazing was happening in music. And there was such a change as the young musicians used music to express the political discontent with the status quo - from the support of the civil rights movement to the protests against the Vietnam War.  Wow, coming of age during that time was such a rich and amazing experience.  Perhaps everyone feels that way, but I'm really glad that it was my time. Even if you didn't want to think about such things, you didn't have much choice, and for those who wanted to explore the thought and reason behind it, there was such a diversity of opinions.

Maybe I'll have dreams of great times with great music!

No comments:

Post a Comment