Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Tomorrow kids come to school. 

And here's the long.

It's always so exciting to start a new school year. It's a chance to start over to begin again. I think most of our kids come to school with a hopeful idea of what their year might bring. And I think most of the small group of teachers that I work with are excited to start off the year.

I'm feeling so much better physically at the start of this year than I have for the last two years. I think that will make a big difference in my own morale this year. And I'm feeling bunches of great ideas that might be able to blossom a bit this year. I've got a great teacher on special assignment who's designed a really great piece of technology for our teachers, parents, and students! And I've thrown away for big garbage cans of "stuff".




I found a quote that seemed meant for the beginning of the year for me. "More powerful than the will to win is the courage to begin." So we are beginning the year - and we are beginning courageously!


No comments:

Post a Comment