Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Work...

And here's the long.

Our teachers are overwhelmed with the increased work load.
Almost every day, I encounter teachers that I don't work with who are overwhelmed.

I know we will shoulder through this year, but I'm really concerned that the very people who are pulling the funding from our schools are the ones who don't understand the consequences for our students. We don't still live in a world where a chalkboard and some books will prepare our students for the world they will inhabit.

I do believe that the strength of our country, our democracy, rests on having a relatively educated population. I also know that this is a really difficult financial time, but we've taken a wrong turn somewhere.

I'm glad to come home to a great husband, a wonderful dog, and a cuddly kitty -- and tonight a sweet daughter to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment