Saturday, August 6, 2011

So here's the short of it, 
Mom and I hit the fruit and veggie stands today!

And here's the long.

Today Mom and I had a nice morning at the local Farmer's market and then over to Linda's. She wanted to pick up some peaches to make a peach pie for our Sunday evening dinner. After marketing, we had a nice lunch.  Mom wanted fish and wanted to go to Long John Silver's.  We decided that the frying probably cancelled out the benefits of the fish. (At least I decided that.)

I harvested a bunch of tomatoes today. The little Black Cherry plants are just full of beautiful, sweet little dark tomatoes.  I got bunches of them.  I made a double batch of my sister-in-law Pat's salsa and canned it, then I froze some Roma tomatoes for winter soups and stuff.

I woke up pretty early this morning, but I went back to sleep and managed to get in a good late morning. I'm headed to bed pretty soon, and I'm hoping for another sleep-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment