Monday, April 19, 2010

Herceptin countdown 10!

So here's the short of it,
Herceptin countdown 10!  Monitors, and going to a conference!

And here's the long

We are facing the return of the monitors!  They are coming to make sure we have corrected all the mistakes they found when they were here in the fall.  Our teachers have been working very hard to make all the corrections.  Today I had to take several files back to a school one more time to try to "get it right".  I know it's difficult for the teachers to do everything that is required of them and then to make sure that all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted on the paperwork.  I think about how all this paperwork came to be - and I understand that it's all about making sure that we are doing the right thing for kids.  But, but, but.....

I'm packing tonight for a quick trip to Nashville.  The Council for Exceptional Children is having their annual conference at Opryland.  I'm headed over tomorrow and will be back late Friday night.  I really enjoy this conference.  There's lots to learn and I always make good connections.  I'm not driving - so I'm feeling like I'll do OK.  We decided to stay off property since Opryland is so expensive, so we're going to have to do a bit of walking.  I think I'll do OK though.

I'm getting my Herceptin a day early - tomorrow morning instead of Wednesday so I can  make it over in time for the pre-conference I'm registered for.  It's the countdown from 10!  I can hardly believe that I've been doing this every week for 42 weeks!  It's a good place to be -10 from the end!

1 comment:

  1. Contrast your school experience with Frances's first teaching job at Sandy Gap, KY. She was 18 with some students nearly as old. One room school in the woods with no phome or meams of communication. She was the sole teacher responsible for everything from teaching, discipline, janitor, doctor, maintaining the small record book for recording attendance and grandes, and whatever was required. The "Helping" teacher's visit brought criricism for not planting flowers along the short school walkway.

    Bob Edwards

    ReplyDelete