Monday, April 5, 2010

Sunshine and Myrrh

So here's the short of it,
Today I learned a bit about Myrrh. 

And here's the long

Today was a beautiful day to be out of school - a perfect spring day.  The temperature was quite splendid and the sun really started to warm up.

Jonathan Edwards (my first cousin) was here to help Mom with her taxes and so I walked down to have lunch with them.  It was nice to have a bit of time to visit with him and catch up on how he and his family are doing.  We should all get a chance to see one another again at the end of May when Gaelyn, cousin Marcia's daughter, is getting married at Berea.

My doctor called today - she had given me some samples of Trilipix to take for cholesterol, but they interact with the coumadin that I'm having to take because of that blood clot back when. So she's told me to start taking a supplement - Gugulipid - I'll have to find that.  It comes from the mukul myrrh tree.  I've done a little investigating online about it and I'm pretty fascinated.  It apparently is used to treat lots of things, and has been used for many years in the East.  It was one of the gifts of the three wise men - so there's some good history for using it.  

Tomorrow we are traveling to New Haven to spend a few days with Shelley, Lou, and Max.  We are really excited about spending some time with them. Hopefully we'll post lots of pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment