Tuesday, April 13, 2010

So here's the short of it,
For some reason I'm awfully tired tonight.

And here's the long

Today was a regular and fairly uneventful work day.  Student observations, meetings with a couple of principals, a meeting that had been rescheduled without me being in the loop and a bit of office time returning phone calls, but I am absolutely tired out.  By the time I got home I was just ready to sit down!  I kept intending to take Sophie for a walk, but that just got away from me.   Alan came in from an evening meeting and said he's really tired too.  Maybe we are still on overload tired from our wonderful spring break trip. 

Mom and her two baby sisters are in Destin, so I'm keeping a check on things down around the curve - so far, so good. 

Some time ago when I was in my chemo fog, I suppose, I opened a Facebook account.  I really don't even remember doing it.  Shelley gave me a Facebook lesson when we visited, and I've gotten a start there.  I really don't understand all about it, but I'm going to see where it goes.  I've already found three or four of my old college friends and believe it or not have discovered several cousins that I now know more about.  I'm not spending much time there, but it should be an interesting excursion.

One of my Chemo Sisters who has been finished with treatment for several years once confided to me that she carries clean underwear with her always because she's never completely regained bowel control.  I'm finding that I am in that same situation, except that I somehow haven't given in to the notion that I am so out of control that I have to carry spare underwear!  I think that I need to get my head around that.  I was driving back to the office today and I barely made it to the restroom!  I'll get there.  My friend just said, "Oh, it's nothing that won't clean up, and you get a few more years of this great life in return".  I thought that was such a wonderful outlook - I'll try keeping that attitude myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment