Saturday, April 17, 2010

So here's the short of it,
Today was a good mix - gardening, massage, and a birthday celebration.

And here's the long
We have really had a very busy day and it's been a good one for me.
Early this morning Alan and I got Dad's truck and drove down to Crabtree farms for their annual plant sale.We arrived before the gates were open and there was already a line waiting to get in.  We parked down near the place where Dad had the Master Gardener's demonstration garden and walked up to the road to the sale.  We saw several people we knew!  There was a fellow there playing the hammered dulcimer, and several vendors there. 

We bought 2 blueberry bushes, several varieties of heirloom tomatoes, and a rosemary plant.  We'd have probably bought much more, but that was all we could carry!  This is our first year to go to the sale.  Next year we'll take a wagon!

Later this morning I went to see Kelly for one of those a life altering massages.  I really do think that going for these therapeutic massages is one of the best things I've ever done.  It's really helping the pain in my lower back, and hip - the pain is migrating into my upper leg, but I think that means that it's working and will eventually make it's way down and out my toes!!! I think it relieves stress and makes my whole outlook so much better. 

Yesterday I had an appointment with my radiologist, Dr. Gefter.  He was extremely pleased with the progress I've made.  He did a very careful breast exam and showed me two spots and had me feel them, and explained that they were fibroid tissue.  I had never really felt them before, but when he pointed them out for me, I could tell.  Anyway, they are nothing to worry about.  He thinks that the tissue that was radiated may continue to grow denser, but that it is really healing very nicely.  I asked about massage near or on the tissue that had been radiated, and he said it was a really good thing I could have done at this point to help lessen the scar tissue that will form.  So he was really a very big advocate of the massage.  So today for the first time, I had Kelly spend about the last 5 or 10 minutes working on that tissue.  She said that she could really tell the difference - the tissue was much more pliable after just that short amount of time.

This evening we went over to Elmcroft for dinner and a birthday celebration.  Pennie and Myra are in town and we celebrated Myra's birthday.  It's actually the 20th, but she'll be back home by then.  After dinner, we went up to one of the rooms on the floor near Mommy Anne's apartment and had chocolate cake and visited.  We had Arvin and Lil, and Miriam there as well as Liga and Valdis.  It was a lovely way to spend the evening.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment