Friday, April 9, 2010

So here's the short of it,
Our time here in New Haven is coming to an end.

And here's the long.

It's been a really pleasant visit, and we'll be sad to leave. Yesterday we walked to Ceasar and Romeo's at lunch time.



While we were there shopping around, I found a very unusual looking orange. I know that in our major groceries we only get the varieties that the growers have decided are most productive. There's a gardener's urge to taste the unusual and different varieties. Dad always grew some new variety of something every gardening season. So it was a bit of his spirit that caused me to buy the orange.




It peeled more like a tangerine - Alan and I shared it at breakfast time. It was quite good. I wonder if part of that is because it's spring and I'm feeling better.

Shelley and Lou have been great hosts. And Max has been such fun!

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment