Thursday, April 29, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I've got  my phone +

And here's the long.

Well, I've got my phone nearly programmed as I need it.  I was trying to program my work e-mail to push and remembered that there was something a little different I needed to do.  I couldn't find my directions, I couldn't find it on our HCDE website, and I certainly couldn't remember it.  So I called the apple tech guru who just happens to be on the first floor of my office building - I'm on the 3rd.  He was going to send me the directions, but couldn't find them so he came upstairs and did it for me!  A long time ago when this young man was just a teenager, I taught with his Dad.   I also knew his sister.  I think he was just ahead of my time in that school.  Anyway, we had a nice visit as he fixed up my phone for mail, and he ended up connecting me to the locked wi-fi in the building, something I've never had before. 

I'm playing Words with Friends with both my girls.  I have a game going with Shelley who introduced me to the game, and Liga and I started playing today.  I like that.  I've always liked Scrabble and I also like having that connection. 

Tonight Alan and I went to hear Amy Jill Levine speak at Grace Episcopal Church.  She's been in Chattanooga several times.  I've heard her twice before and Alan remembers hearing her twice as well, although only 1 of those times was in common we think.  She works in the divinity department at Vanderbilt Universtiy.  Tonight's talk was about how Christians and Jews talk about each other in ways that make a wedge between us instead of in ways that could be a bridge. There was a good crowd and perhaps we all learned something. 

Now I'm home; I'm pretty tired and glad that tomorrow is Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment