Friday, April 2, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I got to see my cute little pregnant niece today, and later got a great massage. 


And here's the long

Well, the first day of my break has been great.  This morning Alan and I went down to Mom's and spent some time visiting with Steve.  Sarah and Ryan had spent the night as well, so they were there too.  Sarah is looking very cute and barely pregnant.  Ryan is finishing up school this spring, so he's beginning to look for work. Sarah didn't say whether or not she plan to continue teaching.  She's working in a small private school. After they left for Nashville, Steve got us caught up on what's going on with all the kids. It was good to hear all about them. 


Early this afternoon I had a massage with Kelly.  She really worked on my Gluteus. She said that she could feel six or seven places where the muscle was knotted up.  Once I saw the picture (on the right) I understood what she was talking about.  I felt so much better after she was done. I have had a pain free afternoon.  It's only late this evening that I can begin to feel some of the tension returning to that muscle.  She also worked the muscle on the front of my hip and the front of my thigh.  It's become almost a quality of life visit to have Kelly working on me every couple of weeks.  Today I made another discovery (maybe).  Each time I've gone in for a massage the muscles in my back (the ones that seem to be right below my scapula) get really tight and pinchy when I stretch out on the massage table.  Today I realized that I need to spend some time stretched out on my back on the floor.  When I sleep at night I sleep with a wedge pillow, so I'm not often stretched out flat.  No wonder it's kind of uncomfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment