Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I'm out of town again, and so far, so good. 

And here's the long

I'm in Nashville; it's been a good, but long day.   I had my Herceptin a day early.  The countdown is really on! Today was 10!!!

We got away from Chattanooga early afternoon and got into Nashville after 5:00 central time.  We've gotten ourselves registered, and had a nice dinner, and now we are settled in to a nice hotel room.  Tomorrow I'm going to hear about a program out of North Carolina called U-Stars.  My colleague, Tara, and I have been seeing the two presenters at these conferences for the last ten years or so.  It's a real treat to hear the latest developments out of their programs. 

I'm really excited about the Keynote tomorrow night.  We get to hear Arne Duncan, the U.S. Secretary of Education.  I'll be interested to hear what he has to say about educating our students with special needs. I spoke today with the parent of the young man that I nominated as one of the "Yes, I Can" awards. I'm really excited to be in the audience later this week when Hunter receives his award! 

I'm a little worried about being in this huge place where I'm not sure about where the bathroom facilities are and where there are often long lines for getting into them.  I'm hoping that I won't have unmanageable difficulties

No comments:

Post a Comment