Monday, November 1, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
All's well that ends well.  - yes indeed Will.

And here's the long

Today fairly flew by.  Two conferences with principals and teachers went very well, and then on to a bit of office time to get ready for a big project tomorrow and before I knew it, it was time to go home!

I really like work days like that!

My big fall the other day doesn't seem to have left any lasting horrible stuff.  I do have a ghastly, awful place on my left knee.  It's an open weepy wound, but it doesn't hurt, and keeping it covered and smeared with generic neosporin seems, so far, to be doing the trick.  Sophie definitely knows that my knee is hurt!  Several times each day she comes over and sniffs and nudges at it and makes a little worried sound.  But as I said, it really doesn't hurt.  It is pretty stiff and walking is a bit more difficult than it was before, but I'm managing fine.  My hand must have been just jammed; it's getting better too.  It's still a little tender, but nothing to be fussy about.  And the other various skinned up places on my right knee and my hands are healing very well.  It's really funny to me that my right knee - which I thought was broken when I fell, isn't really injured at all!  I'm fascinated with the way our bodies respond to all the worldy insults we manage to bring to them.

My surgical site has started to give me some reason to notice it. I have an appointment with my radiologist this Friday so I'll ask about it and see what he has to day.  I'm experiencing some achiness, something that's a bit like internal itchiness, and some just weird feelings.  It's all relieved by massage, so I'm thinking it just has to do with the healing process.  I'll know something in a few days.

I have another really early day on schedule tomorrow.  I think back on all the years that I worked at a school that started at 7:15 in the morning, and I wonder how I made it every day!  At least now that's not my normal start time and most days I'm just getting out of bed when my neighbor leaves for his 7:15 school across the county  - where I have to be tomorrow :(

I wish I knew a trick to get sleepy so I could get a few more zzzz's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment