Friday, November 26, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Green tomato pickles?  and a car...

And here's the long

It's getting colder here in Tennessee.  It rained last night and sprinkled this morning, but by mid morning it had really stopped raining.  The sun was supposed to peep out and warm up the afternoon, but that never did happen.  Since we are supposed to have a frost tonight, I spent some time in the garden harvesting all the usable green tomatoes.  I have a pail full and am trying to decide what I'm going to do with them.  Mom is going to give me her bread and butter pickle  recipe and I'm going to do a batch.  Then I may make a green tomato preserve?  We'll see. 

Liga and Alan spent the afternoon car shopping.  He's been eager for her to get into another vehicle for about 6 months now.  I guess the volvo has served its time well.  They didn't find anything at any of the nearby car lots, but she found a Jeep on Craigslist.  They went almost up to Cleveland to look at it, and they put a downpayment on it!  They'll go back to get it tomorrow! She's pretty excited, and we are excited for her.  I'm eager to have a ride in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment