Tuesday, November 16, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I have itchy legs, but I'm getting stronger.

And here's the long

Today was a long work day.  Now that it's way late into fall and the time has changed, having an after school meeting that goes until 6:30 means that it's dark and cold when it's time to come home! And - I was all the way out in Ooltewah.  I'm glad I like to drive -- and that I don't mind driving in the dark!

It was a rainy and cold day - and I had to be out in it twice!  It looks like tomorrow will be warmer and that the rain will have passed by.  Sophie will be glad she'll be able to get outside without getting wet!

Last year while I was having chemotherapy I had no problem with my darned skin.  I think it's mild eczema.  Dad had it and I think both my brothers have it as well. We all have the "Howard itchy back syndrome", but this is lots worse.  So my legs are broken out - another step back toward normalcy - even though it's not one I would wish for.  Today I walked up and down the steps between my third floor office and the pre-school assessment center on the second floor.  I actually did real grown up one foot then the next!  I was really tired by the time I got to the top, and I'll have to admit that holding onto the rail was the only thing that gave me the confidence I could do it, but I'm going to try to do this at least once every day I'm in the office!  I have an appointment in December with Dr. Schlabach - I'll talk with him about how long it should take before my strength returns and if there's something I can do to help it along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment